Monday 30 September 2013

Clothing Review: My New Pax Beanie

So I have returned from the first international PAX in Melbourne Australia in possession of a new beanie. I outlayed $25 for this beanie, so I guess the question is whether it is worth it.

First things first, this beanie is very warm. I had it on while watching Pacific Rim again yesterday and it felt like an electric blanket was giving my head a nice, warm hug. It is also nice and easy to get on and take off, so from a pure utilitarian point of view this beanie gets perfect marks. It does everything you would expect from a beanie.

Light

So onto the decorations on the beanie. The beanie is reversible with a light blue, smiley side and a darker, angry side (refer to photographs within this article). On the angry side, there are also two wings with plastic infill to keep them straight with a good definition. When the wings are folded on the inside, they are not uncomfortable at all. I really like the colours here and both sides maintain a very fun, cartoony feel. The darker side has the wings and a bigger mouth while the lighter side is a bit more restrained, so I think both sides balance eachother quite well.  Both sides also have ears.

Dark

One downside of this beanie is a lack of aerodynamics. With the dark side out, I tried flapping the wings multiple times by nodding my head vigorously. Despite all this, I didn’t take off and fly. Therefore, the wings are only there for decoration… Unless someone else with more skill points in head nodding managed to take off.

Overall, I really like this beanie. I really like the look of both sides and it is the warmest beanie I now own. I would have preffered if it was a bit cheaper than $25, but for a very popular event clothing piece I do not regret buying this. It is currently my first choice of headwear for any gaming or geek event I will attend in the future.

Signing off,

The Wafflepunchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive